Comments

3-comments

All about Culture - Kerala Kalamandalam

  
Recently I had a chance to visit Kerala Kalamandalam - center of Kerala's performing arts, just 5 kms away from my hometown, Shoranur, Kerala State, India .

I took entry pass and a special pass for photographs. A board about campus details guided me to reach various classes. Kalamandalam and the vast compound are well maintained and attract a lot of foreign and domestic visitors. The campus was filled with powerful sounds from various classes like Kathakali, Mohiniyattom, Bharathanatyam, Kootiyattam, Panchavadyam, Thullal, Kalari etc. etc.  I walked one class room to another, watching classes and took photographs.



One of the most interesting classes I saw was the Kathakali . I was excited to see the Gurukul system of teaching and before then I had only seen these arts performed in auditoriums.

Overall, it was a worth visit to Kerala Kalamandalam.

2 comments: